Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thimbles ... They Matter.





 Thimbles ... They Matter



It's about 11:00 am on Saturday 12/1.  My mother just called me practically in tears.  "Its so so cold, I just brought cleaning supplies down to Guyon Rescue but what is that going to do? It feels like I was giving them a thimble when they have to bail out the ocean!" 

This is it - That is the fight -  Right here is the perfect example of where the true battle lies.  IT LIES WITHIN US. 

It is how we perceive the tasks in front of us that will determine success or failure.

My mother, who works at Staten Island University Hospital, who sees some of the most disturbing things on a day to day basis, a women I consider to be one of the strongest people I know was powerfully affected by the reality of the situation, again. (There's that reminding that I talk about us needing) It is okay to need to be reminded of the enormity of the situation or to be reminded that even the "smallest" acts of kindness are important.   The reminders are not wasteful if action comes of them.  So I humbly, graciously, and respectfully remind anyone who might need reminding (including myself):

We must stay strong. 
We must continue to give our thimbles of support. 
Please don't think it's too little or not needed anymore or not enough to bother.

Remember when you give anything (money, food, toiletries, cleaning supplies, time, etc) you are actually giving your thought, your concern, your awareness, your energy ... THESE things are what matter more then anything else! 

Please see "The List" and contact an organization in your area to see what they need and then gather your thimbles of help.   I guarantee it will be needed and appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment