Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Refuse to Sink!

We Refuse to Sink!



(In response to a "It Is In All Of Us" nomination I received this morning)

Thank you for that beautiful nomination.  I will certainly call you and get the details.

I am so so sorry for what you are going through.  I can't tell you that I fully understand because the reality is ... I don't - I didn't lose my home.  You are going through this, you and your neighbors.  BUT we will be here.  We will be here to bear witness to your struggle; we will be here to support you and help you get your needs met; we will be here to remind the rest of the world that you are going through this; we will be here to acknowledge and foster leadership,  effective community organizing, and of course ... resiliency.  We will help you find the resiliency you need to recover.  We being: "It Is In All Of Us", "Cancel The 2012 NYC Marathon", ALL of the wonderful organizations that have been created,  ALL of the amazing volunteers, organizers, donators, leaders, friends, family, and neighbors ...  I  Promise.  (Btw - I'm the MWISSWIM kind ... that's a "Mean What I say Say What I Mean" kind of person ... ;)

So this is why we created "It Is In all Of Us" Spotlight!  Already there are dozens of nominations for the spotlight and I can't wait to do the first one!!  Remember,  we will be doing a spotlight once a month for as long as we are here so if you or your nomination doesn't get picked this month - keep nominating!  :)

Thank you!  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment